Healing without a proven active ingredient - most school doctors are still skeptical about homeopathy. But the treatment method according to Hahnemann is gaining more and more followers. Increasingly, remedies for acute complaints of home use are gaining acceptance - which, in turn, causes great skepticism among followers of classical homeopathy.
Homeopathy stimulates the self-healing powers
The central idea in homeopathy is the principle of similarity, which states that the same can be cured with the same. It is used to treat a disease so exactly the remedy that causes the healthy in the symptoms of the disease. The healing substance does not specifically counteract symptoms such as fever, pain, diarrhea, but stimulates the self-healing powers to restore the inner balance.
In homeopathy there is not really the remedy for pain, but the choice of remedy depends on the various symptoms the patient has. For example, five different homeopathic remedies can be used to treat chronic joint discomfort in five patients.
The classic homeopathy
The classical homeopaths therefore undergo a long training in order to be able to assign the many thousands of remedies to the individual symptoms and to select exactly the one most suitable for the individual in his current situation.
A modification for domestic use are on the one hand complex preparations which contain several homeopathic remedies according to the shotgun principle, which experience has shown to be particularly well suited, for example, to the symptom bundle of a cold.
The second option is nonspecific remedies that help with many symptoms. In turn, substances for the homeopathic home pharmacy are put together to help with acute, mild ailments - for self-treatment or to bridge the time to medical treatment.
Where to buy homeopathic remedies?
Homeopathic remedies are available in pharmacies over the counter as globules (globules), tablets, drops, ointments and suppositories to buy. The names are usually derived from the Latin name of the starting material - which is "potentiated" in special steps in different dilution stages.
Homeopathic remedies for the medicine cabinet
From the variety of means to make a selection of the "most important" is almost impossible. The compilation is also dependent on the personal situation and typical disease patterns.
Here is a suggestion:
- Aconitum: for the early stages of all sudden and severe illnesses, especially fever, shock, severe pain
- Apis: insect bites, swelling of other cause
- Arnica: Injuries on bruising, bruising, sprains, bumps, bruises, sore muscles
- Belladonna: Alternative to Aconitum when fever is associated with sweating and red hot head; sunstroke
- Bryonia: colds with a dry cough, great thirst and strong need for rest
- Calendula: Wound healing (scuff, tear, cuts); used as an essence for compresses
- Cantharis: burns, sunburn, bladder infections
- Chamomilla: tooth discomfort, piercing earache
- Colocynthis: spasmodic abdominal pain
- Drosera: cough with retching and vomiting (for example, bronchitis, asthma, whooping cough)
- Euphrasia: conjunctivitis, irritated eyes
- Ipecacuanha: nausea that does not improve after frequent vomiting
- Ledum: puncture wounds, tick bite, bites
- Magnesium phosphoricum: muscle cramps, menstrual cramps
- Nux vomica: stomach upset, "hangover"
- Okoubaka: vomiting, diarrhea, food poisoning
- Pulsatilla: Colds with thick, greenish-yellow secretions
- Rhus toxicodendron: joint problems, back pain (lumbago)
- Veratrum album: Circulatory insufficiency (also in the context of diarrhea and vomiting), low blood pressure
Potency and frequency
As potency is recommended for the laity D6 or D12; for more experienced also C30.
How often the substances are taken in acute cases, depends on the substance and the symptoms - as a rule of thumb: 3 to 5 globules in the first hour every ten minutes, then 3 times (D6) daily or 1 to 2 times (D12 ). After 2 to 3 days, you can discontinue the remedy.